Coloban 0.9 with Vue 3 and Quasar 2
Wow, that wasn’t a walk in the park, but wasn’t a rocket science either! 🙂
🎸 We’ve finally moved Coloban to V3Q2 stack!!! 🎸
As we have had many things to re-design and re-think over the development time, we’d decided to actually re-build parts of the project from scratch. Yes, not always a great idea, but that allowed us to implement Vue 3, Quasar 2, Capacitor 3, Electron 13 support and gave an additional space for improvements and growth.
That was a really nice adventure and the project does feel faster/neater/friendlier now.
In short, Coloban project is a Chat application with implemented tasks management tool, which allows to communicate with teammates and create tasks in the same app with no need to switch between them. Any message (even the past one) can be converted to a task, so there is no need to create a long Tickets once again, when not needed.
Thank you awesome Quasar team and personally Razvan for an incredible work!!!
The application is running on:
- Vue 3.x;
- Quasar 2.x;
- Capacitor 3.x (Android & iOS);
- Electron 13.x;
- Web & PWA;
Local data management:
- Indexed DB and Local storage;
- Dark/Light/Auto themes;
- Burnup charts – using chart.js;
- Gantt charts – using dxhtml;
- HTTP requests – axios;
- Websockets – native JS implementation;
- Audio/Video calls and screenshare – native WebRTC implementation;
- Push notifications on iOS and Android – Firebase FCM (capacitor-push-notifications);
- MacOS signing and notarization – (electron-notarize, electron-builder, electron;
- Auto-updater for the app (electron-updater);
- Windows & Macos notifications (+ badges);
Available chat features:
- Creating private and group topics within projects;
- Call/Screenshare to topic participants;
- Send chat texts, files, emojis, gifs, stickers;
- Convert messages to tasks in one click;
Available project management
- Create specific projects;
- Create topics within projects;
- Create tasks within topics;
- Set assignee(s) and start/due times for tasks;
Tasks can be managed in:
- Burnup charts with project estimation completions;
- Gantt charts (Start&Due times are obligatory for those);
- Directly in topic’s chat;
I’ve added a few screenshots for reference, but you can easily jump into the project at www.coloban.com/download
Any questions – do not hesitate to leave a message here 🙂
Ι’m realⅼy enjoying the design and lаyout of your site.
It’s a very easy on the eyes which makｅs it mucһ more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more ߋften. Did you hire out a designer to cгeatе your theme?
Thank you so much for the warming feedback! Almost all of the design solutions were based on the standard QuasarJS patterns. We were just placing those predefined elements around really 🙂